Exciting day: my new ebook is officially available - The Steady Mom's Freedom Guide: Joyful Motherhood on Your Own Terms!
Want to get a feel for it?
Here's an excerpt from the introduction:
"Freedom within a country is vital to the health and well-being of its residents—so is freedom as a mother. It allows us to shake off the mental and emotional limitations that hold us back. Freedom enables us to come into our own, to rise to our best selves.
It helps us become better mothers, better spouses, and better friends. In other words, freedom is a win-win.
Freedom is a prerequisite for joyful motherhood because so many voices shout at us when it comes to parenting. There are cultural voices, extended family’s voices, expert voices, as well as the ever-present voices of doubt and insecurity that rise from within. Freedom to be yourself quiets the clamor.
This ebook tackles two sides of freedom within parenting: practical freedom and soul freedom. Practical freedom represents those day-to-day decisions we make that feel so urgent in the moment and sap strength and energy fast. These include aspects of mothering life like decisions about screen time (yours and your kids), meal planning, and discipline.
Soul freedom chapters of the book focus more on the heart of the matter—being kind to ourselves in the midst of stress, lightening up, and viewing our kids through the eyes of grace."
What this book is
This book is a quick, encouraging, magazine-length read. Many of the short chapters have been revamped from posts on this blog.
I searched through the archives (of nearly 900 posts!) to locate the ones centered around the theme of freedom in motherhood. Then I revised and edited them, and put them together in this inspirational ebook. (This content is no longer available on the blog.)
Who This Book is ForThis ebook is a good fit for you if:
- you have children between the ages of 0-8 (Many chapters center around finding yourself as a mother and the transition years into motherhood.)
- you're feeling burned out and stifled as a woman or mother
- you don't want to end up burned out and stifled as a woman or mother
- you don't have a lot of time to read, but want a dose of inspiration throughout your busy days
- you like short chapters and like the fact that it reads like a blog, not a book
- you want to feel more comfortable in your own skin, play to your strengths, and enjoy being who you were created to be--with the knowledge that you are more than enough for those in your care
Check out the Table of Contents:Introduction
- How to transform a bad day
- On letting your child save face
- Give yourself transition time, too
- A priority for days when you just can’t do it anymore
- How to get through a stressful season
- Answering the television question
- Using the screen successfully
- Moms unplugged
- Rethinking meal planning
- Positive discipline tips
- What to do when everyone is watching
- Lighten up and slow down
- Quality, not quantity: On finding yourself crying in the bathroom
- Conclusion: Giving up on formulas and labels
Download your copy!The Steady Mom's Freedom Guide is only $2.99 and is available in the following formats:
Thank you so much for being a reader here--I hope you find this read to be an encouragement and an inspiration!