* look them in the eyes when they speak
* leave one thing undone from your to-do list
* tell them you love them ... often
* let them know the gifts, talents, & potential you see in them
* do one thing they really enjoy (that you really don't)
* put their stuff away without reminding them (just for today)
* speak only when you can improve the silence
* be silly when they want to be silly, serious when they want to be serious
* say yes to one thing you'd usually say no to
* drink in and savor this perfect moment - all of you together, healthy, alive - a miracle!
* make a promise to advocate for and protect children everywhere
* remember that love always wins:
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."
1 Corinthians 13: 4-8