If you'd had a peek inside my home yesterday, you would have seen:
- a son racing outside first thing in the morning to watch landscapers mow the lawn, then using tape, paper, & a backpack to make his own "blower" afterwards
- a mama reading updates, looking at pictures, and praying for friends in Ethiopia as they meet their new daughters
- three kids and a mama cleaning the upstairs together, then celebrating with ice cream
- a mama crawling up in the attic, to dig out our old playpen (Not for us(!), but for dear out-of-town friends coming for the weekend. That reminds me, did you hear Megan's news?!!)
- a child having a full-blown, longlasting, screaming tantrum
- a mama with hands raised to heaven, during said tantrum--and after using some angry voices of her own--asking for God's help, guidance, and patience (I seem to assume this position at least once a day!!)
- excitement as I began to read a book all three have been begging me to start for a while: The Chronicles of Narnia!
- a mom making stir fry veggies with rice for adults, organic macaroni & cheese for kids
So there you have it: the good, the bad, the real.
Have a lovely weekend, and be good to yourself!
“Alas," said Aslan, shaking his head. "It will. Things always work according to their nature. She has won her heart's desire; she has unwearying strength and endless days like a goddess. But length of days with an evil heart is only length of misery and already she begins to know it.
All get what they want; they do not always like it.”
~ C.S. Lewis, The Chronicles of Narnia