If you'd had a peek inside my home Tuesday, you would have seen:
- a husband with open laptop on the couch in the early morning (Steve had a rare day of working from home Tuesday, & we loved having him around!)
- a rainy downpour in the morning, leading the mama to switch our schedule around for the day
- a boy with an upcoming birthday asking, hinting, and asking again about some of his presents (Jonathan really wants this garbage truck for his big day! I can't tell you (yet) if he's getting it or not!)
- a mama having fun teaching two out of three kiddos how to play hangman, & calling it language arts for the day (Jonathan had the brilliant, non-violent idea to let the man "hang" from a trapeze instead!)
- a mama attempting to patiently deal with one child's nonstop complaints
- a little boy & his mama sitting on the porch flipping through cookbooks for ideas
- a decision made about a favorite recipe for blueberry muffins--from the Green Market Baking Book (Tuesday has been "baking day" in our home for years.)
- a mom with cup of tea in hand when the muffins are in the oven, having to later rally herself to go clean up the mess in the kitchen, only to then begin thinking about dinner plans (We ended up going with homemade pizza.)
- a mama who also ended up wasting a little too much time on Facebook during said rest time
- a challenging evening at home, resulting in a sleepless night and this post
So there you have it: the good, the bad, the real.
Have a lovely day, and be good to yourself!
"We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right."
~ Nelson Mandela