Yes, we're back again! And trying to regroup and adjust once more to our regular family rhythm.
As I think about what exactly that means, here are a few lessons I learned over the past two weeks at the beach with my family.
Many of them are applicable to our lives as mothers, no matter where you find yourself at the moment!
1. Laundry is a fact of life, even on vacation. The sooner you can accept this fact, the happier your days can be.
2. Reading "fun" books, without trying to learn anything, is a wonderful way to relax and transport yourself to another time and place. Love it!
3. Too much television makes you feel weird and scattered and off. (At least that's what happens to me!)
4. Remember that your kids are getting bigger--give them the freedom to match their size.
(I reminded myself of this multiple times as I saw what seemed like huge waves crash into my little people, and them pop back up again smiling. My mama's heart was in a panic, but they were ready to fly solo!)
5. If someone you know offers to watch your kids, say yes! (The luxury of having family close by for a couple of weeks!)
6. If you gave up soda two years ago, don't kid yourself that organic, caffeine free cola will make you feel good. It's still full of organic sugar. (Yes, learned this one the hard way.)
7. Don't try to "make" memories--just let them happen.
8. Going to bed early makes mamas better mamas.
9. Putting things back in their proper places gives everyone a happiness boost. We were able to unpack completely last night and it feels amazing to not be facing that today!
10. After any transition, ease slowly back into your routine.
Today's to-do list looks like this:
- Laundry (see point #1)
- Pick up our CSA share.
- Make pasta and sauce for dinner.
- Write a post-vacation post.
- Catchup on email.
- Go to bed early. (see point #8)
**How do you ease back into your rhythm after returning from vacation?**
If you enjoyed this post, I hope you'll subscribe to Steady Mom--it's free!
Jamie is founder of this spot called Steady Mom, editor of the blog Simple Homeschool, mama to three cute kids born on three different continents, and author of Steady Days: A Journey Toward Intentional, Professional Motherhood.
Thanks for participating in the Moms' 30-Minute Blog Challenge, held here each Tuesday. Please link up below with the permalink to your 30 minute post, not your blog's home page.
I would also ask, as a courtesy, that you would please link back here to Steady Mom by including a text link somewhere in your post. Thank you.
Please note that the links will close at 11pm EST on Thursday.