Photo by Dan Foy
Ever since I wrote regarding my blogging resolutions to keep online time balanced, I've been planning a follow-up. You see, that post received the most comments of any I've ever written.
I figure that response means that balancing this beautiful technology is something other mamas also struggle with. So I've been doing some brainstorming.
I've come up with an idea. And this post by Leo Babauta gave me the confirmation to try it.
Today I'd like to introduce the Moms' 30-Minute Blog Challenge!
Can you write a post in 30 minutes or less? Join me for this carnival and let's find out!
Photo by Dan Brady
Here are the rules:
1. This carnival is open to mothers only. The post you write and enter in the carnival can be on any PG-rated topic relating to motherhood (a funny story, helpful tip, whatever!).
2. Pick a day this week - set a timer for 30 minutes. That's how long you have to write a complete blog post for the carnival (30 minutes to write, edit, find and upload any photos, and publish).
3. On Tuesday next week (October 20th) I'll host the carnival here at Steady Mom. You'll come over and enter the permalink to your 30-minute post in my MckLinky list.
Be sure to insert a link in your post that directs others back here (something like "This post is part of the Moms' 30-Minute Blog Challenge").
4. As you have time, visit and leave comments on the posts of others who have also entered the carnival. (But don't spend more than 30 minutes on that part, either!)
Photo by Edwart Visser
1. To encourage moms to focus our blogging efforts so we don't waste time online.
2. To connect with others through our blogs, increase traffic and discover new writers, while still giving our best to our little people.
3. To help overcome the perfectionistic tendencies that stifle mamas from time to time. See how liberating it can be to just press 'Publish!'
Feel free to spread the word and invite other moms to join in. Let's try it and see how it goes!
So here's a recap: Write a post. In 30 minutes or less. Then get offline and cuddle babies. Link your post up for the carnival on Tuesday, October 20th! Read others' posts. Enjoy. Back offline again.
Balancing my blogging works for me. Care to join me next week?