If you're a new reader and want to get a good feel for what this spot is all about, then you've come to the right page.
It includes 20 of the most popular posts here on Steady Mom. Enjoy!
1. Why I Hope All My Children Have Strong Wills - When I wrote this quick post I had no idea it would receive such a response. Many of you must have lovely strong-willed little ones as well.
2. Dancing in the Dark: Coping as a Mother with the Pain of Life - What does intentional motherhood look like when you're faced with suffering and tragedy?
3. An Alternative to Potty Training - I think this post relieved the guilt that many mamas carry regarding this issue.
4. 5 Adoption Myths You Shouldn't Believe - I didn't realize this would be such a controversial post; it definitely got readers talking!
5. Don't Even Try to Be Productive - Eren definitely struck a nerve with this post, reminding us that certain season are meant to be productive ones and others...aren't. A guilt-relieving read!
6. Becoming a Stay-at-Home Mom: An Evolution - The life of a stay-at-home mom is anything but straightforward. Always evolving, changing, and making mamas more flexible.
7. Parenting Your Polar Opposite - Have a child that challenges you? Megan's words and experiences in this post reminds us to see our opposites as adventures instead of burdens.
8. 6 Survival Strategies for the Introverted Mom - What should you do if you refuel by spending time alone, but you're constantly surrounded with little ones who need you?
9. Thoughts on Blogging - What do our blogs reveal about what's most important to us? What message do they send our children?
10. The Imperfection of Ethical Spending - You love children, yet your clothes may have been made by them in sweatshops. How do we walk the imperfect path of becoming more connected with our purchases?
11. A Story About Spanking - Yep, it's the "s" word.
12. I'm Dreaming of Mommy Bloggers (A Blogger's Carol) - If you ever struggle with a case of online comparison, this post might make you laugh and feel a bit better.
13. Saying Goodbye to Blankie...Or Maybe Not (A Thumb Sucking Story) - Change is hard for little people and their mamas.
14. Some Blogging Resolutions - This post lists a few strategies to keep blogging time in check with real life.
15. A Peek Inside: My Morning Routine - Isn't it fun to see the details of another mom's day?
16. The Days Are Long, But the Years Are Short: No More Babies for Me - A post about letting go of the first season of motherhood.
17. Quality, Not Quantity (Or: Mommy's Crying in the Bathroom) - Response to this post let me know I'm not the only one who's been in this position from time to time.
18. Adoption: A Beautiful, Broken System - This post is a look at the good and tough sides of the process that has built our family. One of my personal favorites.
19. How to Parent Differently (& Seeing the Fruit) - It takes guts to go against the mainstream in some of our parenting decisions.
20. Steady Days: Shine Your Light - For those who may be curious, this post shares the story of why I felt compelled to start writing my first book.